· Oil is making new lows again this week
· Price is in a downtrend until proven otherwise
· Don't try to catch the falling energy knife
· Fracking drove an oil price bubble that is now popping, just like the Oil Sands in 2008
· Waiting for relative outperformance before jumping into energy will best position you for the turn in energy (when it comes)
It's hard not to notice what has been happening in the crude oil and energy markets lately. Just check out the first chart below to see the massive selloff in oil prices over the past six months. Light crude oil below $65 is down over 40% from its June price that was over $100 per barrel.
The 40% decline in oil prices has crushed most individual energy stocks as well. The most popular energy ETF, XLE, is shown in the next chart as it has fallen over 25% over the same six ... Log in or subscribe to continue reading.