"No matter where you go or what you od, you live your entire life within the confines of your head." Terry Josephson
We are initiating a new project, to honor Richard Russell’s 90 years of living, over 50 years of writing, and the many Dow Theory Letters survey respondents from last year who indicated that his classic writings are an important part of our website. We want to compile more of Richard’s best writings into an enlarged section for the newly designed website.
In order to accomplish this ambitious project, we would like to ask subscribers’ help! Do you have favorite portions of past letters that you have saved, or favorite quotations by Richard Russell? Please send them to us (along with the date if possible)!
Beyond that, we are seeking volunteer help. Do you have the time and interest to go through five years of Dow Theory Letters (or just one year!) and pick out portions that you feel should be included in the “Best of Richard Russell” compilation? If you would like to help, we can offer you a free CD of Dow Theory Letters: 1958-2006 (a $300 value). (We also have a subscriber with an extensive set of back issues he is willing to donate to someone who would rather read on paper.)
OR are you a capable writer and organized person, who feels a calling to be involved in this undertaking in a major way? We want to find one person to oversee this project, organize it, and bring it to fruition. We can pay this person a stipend.
If you would like to get involved, please e-mail me at email@example.com with:
- Your name and contact information
- A brief statement of why you would like to be involved in this project, any qualifications you have, and what you feel you can contribute.
- Any experience you have in writing or finance related fields (this is not a requirement, but just asking).
- How much time you have to devote to this effort, or how many years of Dow Theory Letters you are willing to read through.
- Are your computer skills sufficient to allow you to cut and paste passages into a Word document and e-mail it to us?
We are seeking passages related to: war stories, autobiographical material, “thoughts on living,” spirituality, health, stock market wisdom, and historic market calls or turning points, to start. Volunteers could focus on one topic or another if they wish.
Thank you for considering our request, and we look forward to an exciting new feature for Dow Theory Letters!
Daria Russell Doering